Add your money saving tips in a comment below!!


  1. I'm setting up my clothesline again
  2. I use a website (will post later) that I get FREE samples constantly
  3. Try purchasing only Energy Star appliances & those swirly light bulbs
  4. Thinking (just thining for now) about a "NO Shoe Rule"--less cleaning
  5. Maintain what I have---example: Car, furnace, hot water heater, etc.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I stole all the above from the website.. here's a few tips of my own:

  1. Cut down cable in the Spring/Summer (get outside more)--I'm saving almost $40 a month
  2. Purchase food from a place like ALDI, Bogner's, etc.  (save quite a bit)
  3. Return bottles and cans (HUGE in our beer drinking household--glass bottles)
  4. Keep your programmable thermostat low during the day when you aren't home, and if you are like me... keep it low and put on more clothes!!
  5. Go through you attic/basement.. sell anything you didn't use within the last 1-2 years.  Craigslist/Ebay/Backpage.
I know there are more... come on add to my list!!

2 comments:

Mrs. Griswold said...

"If it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down." ha ha ha.

The Faircloth Family said...

Yeah.. totally.

Okay so that freebie website is:

WOMANfreebies.COM

***Gotten quite a few free items already!!!***